Dr. Diederich is able to offer several procedures to be completed in the office rather than in the OR. This includes upper blepharoplasty, earlobe repair, mini tummy tuck, select liposuction cases, etc. These procedures are chosen because they are typically less invasive than procedures completed in the OR. They also do not require full anesthesia. So why could this be more beneficial to the patient?
- Cost. By completing the procedure in the office, the patient won’t have the anesthesia or hospital fees added to their quote.
- Anesthesia risks. Some people are concerned about being under full anesthesia or have a family/personal history that limits that option. Dr. Diederich uses a local numbing injection to numb the area. If the patient chooses, they can add Pro-Nox to help stay more relaxed throughout the procedure.
- Convenience. The patient will come to the same building they had their initial consultation and pre-op appointments. They will likely be more familiar with our office staff as well which can provide an added comfort.
- Netflix. Not that this should be a deciding factor, but we do offer Netflix on the tv in the procedure room if the patient would like to watch something.
Patient safety is top priority so for certain cases, an in-office procedure might not be an option. Some reasons why the OR might be the better choice include:
- The surgical plan requires a traditional operating room or anesthesia.
- The patient has certain conditions that may increase risks.
- The patient is anxious and may not feel comfortable being awake for the procedure.
Dr. Diederich will discuss all of the options during a consultation to help determine which would be best for each individual patient. Please let us know as soon as possible if you have concerns about either option. For more information about our procedures, please complete this form.
Leave a Reply